This is for sure that the feeling when you devour hot molten chocolate is quite difficult to express. But every time you cannot run towards the bakery and have one.
What if you ever wish to have it a late night?
So why not learn how to make your favorite savory in the privacy of your home. So here’s everything you want to know while learning how to make this delicious chocolate molten lava cake.
Ingredients You’ll Require:
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 yolk eggs
- Baking spray
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving
- Raspberries for garnish, if you want
1st part: Making the Batter
- Spray the custard cups with baking spray: Before you start the process, first preheat your oven at 425° Now, spray the cups so that it becomes easier take out the cakes when they are baked. Mold or ramekins if you wish to give a fancy touch. Also, dust the inside of the molds with little white sugar. In case you don’t have baking spray, butter can also work.
- Keep the cups on the baking sheet: Placing aluminium on the baking sheet allows you to collect any stray bits of chocolate that might drop while baking.
- Melt the chocolate and butter: Now you need to melt butter and chocolate using a large bowl and heat both of them on high until the butter is melted completely. It’s all up to you whether you want semisweet chocolate, bittersweet or both of them for a new flavour.
The moment your butter melts completely, whisk the mixture until the chocolate is also melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients: Add powdered sugar and stir it until it is completely absorbed. Now, crack the eggs and whisk it. Then you need to add some vanilla and flour to it and try to avoid self-rising flour. Stir all the ingredients till you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Pour down the mixture into the cups: Here comes the next step to pour down the batter equally. Fill each cup to ¾ full until you are done with all the cups. This is done to leave some space for the cakes to rise.
2nd part: Baking the cake
- Bake the cakes: You need to bake your cakes for around 11-15 minutes. To check if they are done, see that the sides have become firm and the centres are soft. Never bake too much otherwise the lava won’t flow. Simply check that the tops are little puffed up and bit cracked.
- Let stand for 1 minute: Once your cakes are done and you take it from the oven, let them rest for a minute to cool off and to get little hard.
- Place your cakes on the plate: Take a knife or spatula to scrape the side of the cup so that you can easily take out your cakes. Now place a plate over your cups and turn it over. To get perfect results, simply hold the cup down over the plate for around 10 seconds.
- Serve: Make sure that the cakes should be served only when warm. Well, these cakes can be enjoyed on their own but a scoop of vanilla or whipped cream on it can do wonders. You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar or use a raspberry for each cake.