People who are passionate about desserts always look for one or the other way to find something new in their savouries. Flavours, when added in a right way, brings an internal happiness. It is not important that you always have to add regular ingredients to your baked goods. Why not combine some fruits with cinnamon, butter, sugar and flour and make a new recipe.
Cinnamon apple crisp dessert is one of the examples to give yourself a new punch of flavours. Check out the recipe and treat your friends or family with this new baby.
Ingredients You’ll Require
For the Apples
- 4 large apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter
How to Make it
- Start with the foremost step, preheat the oven to 350°
- Take a 10” deep dish pie plate and grease it with a little vegetable or butter oil.
- Peel and core your apples and cut them into slices. Make sure you have 4 to 5 cups of apple slices.
- Take your prepared pie plate and place the apples in it. Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon. Use your ½ cup water to pour over apple slices.
- Add sugar, flour and butter in a mixing bowl and mix them with your fingertips until crumbly. You can even use a pastry blender for the same. Sprinkle it over the apples.
- Bake the dish for about 35-45 minutes until the apples are soft and the topping is browned.
- Serve your delicious dessert with a scoop of ice-cream or heavy cream topping. You can even present it chilled or at room temperature, use sweetened whipped cream or sprinkle some cinnamon sugar.
Tips and Variations
- If you are planning to use granulated sugar, ditch the idea and try to use packed light or dark brown sugar instead. You’ll surely love the new variation of molasses flavour.
- You need to adjust the amount of sugar because you never know which apple is sweet or which is tart.
- Try some other fruits such as raisins, cranberries or rhubarb to add crisp to your dessert.
- If you want something else as a part of variation, you can go for oats in the crisp topping.